Loch View is situated on the edge of the seaside village of Rockcliffe, this character property overlooking White Loch to the front and rolling Galloway countryside to the rear offers an ideal holiday home from which to explore the Solway coastline and surrounding area. Colvend is a small village with its own shop, cafe and Tea Room situated on the scenic Colvend coast.
Its close proximity to the sailing village of Kippford with its popular waterfront pub and the conservation village of Rockcliffe with its pretty beach and rock pools, tea room and hotel make it a popular destination. The area is also known as The Scottish Riviera due to the influence of the Gulf Stream creating a mild climate. The result of this are many open gardens and nurseries.
Wonderful forest, coastal and Loch side walks are plentiful in the area and direct walking or cycling access to Dalbeattie Forest one of the 7 Stanes mountain biking tracks from the front door.
The bird reserves of Merse Head and Caerlaverlock are close by along with the Red Kite Feeding Station at Loch Ken. Nearby is Colvend Golf Course and the sweeping sandy beach at Sandyhills.
The food town of Castle Douglas is a short drive away and the National Trust property Threave Gardens is a lovely day out as is Kirkcudbright with its delightful harbour and Art galleries.
Loch View is a pretty granite detached cottage. The property has recently undergone extensive renovation and offers quality comfortable accommodation. Sleeps4
- Large kitchen/diner and living room with log burner, limestone flagged floor and under floor heating. The kitchen is fully equipped with double oven and grill, combination microwave, halogen hob, freestanding fridge/ freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Sitting room with views of White Loch, oak floor with under floor heating, flat screen TV with Free View, and DVD
- Double and twin bedrooms both bright rooms with dual aspect windows.
- Bathroom with bath over shower modern white suite and slate flooring
- Shower room with sink and toilet.
- Off road parking for two cars
- Secure, lockable bike and equipment store.
- Pretty, established garden with garden furniture.
- Towels and Linens provided
- Saturday to Saturday bookings and short breaks available November to April.
- One dog welcome