| || |
Lying on the outer most point west of the authority, Dalrymple stands at the north of the Doon Valley. The River Doon is the southern boundary to this agricultural area.
Although Dalrymple is an ancient Parish – the actual village is a fairly modern community. Virtually no village existed before 1800 other than a few houses around the Church. Around 1800 two streets – Main Street and Garden Street – were laid out by the local Laird. From that time the village grew slowly until after World War II when surrounding mining communities were in decline and the families were re-homed in new dwellings in Dalrymple.
Visitsouthernscotland.co.uk is committed to giving only the most up to date and relevant information about our region.
We are currently looking for tourist and accommodation information about this village to be contributed by the community and look forward to displaying it in the near future.